Submitting Your Design
Tag your work with: schitts creek
Applies to all fan art submissions in the Fan Art Program
While your work will include a brand's Intellectual Property(a company's logo or a character from a TV show), it's important to add something original of your own. Make it unique to your style!
Do your research - make sure your design hasn't already been done.
Don't submit screenshots or imagery taken directly from the property in question.
Be mindful of explicit content.
Some brands might be okay with adult content, but others aren't. Check each brand's guidelines for the Partner Program if you want to know more about what each partner thinks is okay.
Play with different styles and mediums! Get inspiration from the brand - watch, read, or play it again.
Please Note: It make take three or more weeks to review your fan art. Thank you for your patience!
Specific to Schitt's Creek
- Catch up on Schitt's Creek episodes to get inspired for your fan art.
- Be sure your designs are original, creative, and related to the show!
- Try out different styles for your fan art designs!
- Have fun creating!
- Do not use any third party content or ideas, including mash-ups of Schitt's Creek with other properties.
- Do not submit unoriginal content. This is including, but not limited to, the following:
- show logos alone
- existing merchandise designs
- plagiarized works
- Do not submit works that are obscene, racist, hateful, violent, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate. Works that are deemed inappropriate will not be approved and will be taken down.
- Phrases taken from the show with no other design elements used will not be approved.
- Some of the phrases taken directly from the show are suitable for content, but not for product. Examples of this are: Don’t worry, it’s his sister! You get murdered first for once or Never let the bastards get you down.
- Please do not use phrases that refer to drug use, feature swear words or are taken out of context.
- Do not use any play on words with the name Schitt’s Creek.
- Do not use any reference to being up a creek, any references to paddles or being without a paddle or any reference to literal shit or toilet related humour.
- For copyright reasons you are not able to mention famous people/songs used within the show on product, such as Mariah Carey or Simply the Best.
- Any apparel used within the show should not be directly copied or used as inspiration as Schitt's Creek do not own the copyright. Please ensure that you legally clear the use of the phrases Radical Feminist, Nonchalance, Wild Aloof Rebel and love me tender before proceeding.
- Don’t alter the logo in any way, e.g. color, font, distortion. Acceptable colorways are “Schitt's” written in white or black, “Creek” written in yellow (PMS 109, C0 M20 Y100 K0or R255 G205 B0).
- Do not use any actors’ names on product. Only character names from the show.
- Do not create any designs that feature any of the cast in either illustrated or caricature form.
- Do not recreate logos that have already been established. For example “Herb Ertlinger” logo should only be used as it is created in the show.
About Schitt's Creek
Schitt's Creek begins with a wealthy couple- video store magnate Johnny Rose and his soap opera star wife Moira- who suddenly find themselves completely broke. With only one remaining asset, a small town called Schitt's Creek- which the Rose’s jokingly bought years earlier as a gift for their son- they must give up their lifestyle as they know it. With their two spoiled children and their pampered lives now behind them, the Rose family is forced to face their newfound poverty head-on and come together as a family to survive.