Submitting Your Design
Tag your work with: adventure time
Applies to all fan art submissions in the Fan Art Program
While your work will include a brand's Intellectual Property(a company's logo or a character from a TV show), it's important to add something original of your own. Make it unique to your style!
Do your research - make sure your design hasn't already been done.
Don't submit screenshots or imagery taken directly from the property in question.
Be mindful of explicit content.
Some brands might be okay with adult content, but others aren't. Check each brand's guidelines for the Partner Program if you want to know more about what each partner thinks is okay.
Play with different styles and mediums! Get inspiration from the brand - watch, read, or play it again.
Please Note: It may take four or more weeks to review your work. Thank you for your patience!
Specific to Adventure Time™
- Watch Adventure Time episodes and get inspired!
- Be unique with the fan art you submit.
- Feel free to incorporate icons, elements, subtle show references, and easter eggs that can make your fan art more interesting and original.
- Try different styles for characters.
- Leave the show's logo as-is if you're incorporating it into your design. Recolored, stretched, or modified logos will unfortunately not be approved.
- Be sure to add a '™' after the show name if you are incorporating it into your artwork.
- Make sure that your fan art is high resolution to ensure a high quality print! Low resolution images may not be approved.
- Make sure that the title of your design is age appropriate.
- Be mindful of submitting works that are age appropriate and do not contain things such as nudity, adult themes, or anything of that sort. Works that contain such content may be rejected.
- Have fun with this!
- Do not use any third party content or ideas. This includes mash-ups of Adventure Time with other properties. For example, do not create and submit fan art for an Adventure Time / Minecraft mash-up.
- Do not submit offensive material. Such works will not be approved and will be taken down. This is including, but not limited to, the following:
- obscene content, including nudity
- divisive material
- material which promotes illegal drugs, firearms, or the use of any of the foregoing
- any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
- political agendas or messages
- Do not submit unoriginal designs. This is including, but not limited to, the following:
- the show logo or network logo alone
- existing licensed fan art or merchandise designs
- promotional art or official images
- plagiarized works
- Do not use the Adventure Time logo fonts as type font for your designs. It should be used for the logo only.
- Do not include any personally identifying information such as license plate numbers, personal names, or email addresses.
- Please do not create your own characters -- stick to the awesome characters already existing in the Adventure Time series!
- Don't switch Finn's robot arm! It must always be his right arm. BMO's design is asymmetrical and must never be flipped. Marceline's bite marks cannot be flipped -- they are always on her left side!
About Adventure Time
Cartoon Network's globally-recognized evergreen brand follows two best bros on a constant quest to be righteous and to triumph over challenges, both physical and emotional, in the fantastical Land of Ooo.