Submitting Your Design
Tag your work with: borderlands
Applies to all fan art submissions in the Fan Art Program
While your work will include a brand's Intellectual Property(a company's logo or a character from a TV show), it's important to add something original of your own. Make it unique to your style!
Do your research - make sure your design hasn't already been done.
Don't submit screenshots or imagery taken directly from the property in question.
Be mindful of explicit content.
Some brands might be okay with adult content, but others aren't. Check each brand's guidelines for the Partner Program if you want to know more about what each partner thinks is okay.
Play with different styles and mediums! Get inspiration from the brand - watch, read, or play it again.
Please note: It may take three or more weeks to review your fan art submissions. Thank you for your patience!
Specific to Borderlands
- Make original and creative designs inspired by the Borderlands game series, including Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Tales From the Borderlands, and Borderlands 3.
- Create original artwork! We want to see your artistic interpretations, not marketing art, screenshots, logos, or other existing elements. Use the game and existing images as references, but do not repurpose any existing asset as part of your design. (With the exception of the brand elements that the licensor has provided.) This program is a showcase for your art; we want to see your art.
- Consider using custom text rather than pre-made fonts in your designs. If you do use fonts, use only fonts which you have the right to use in this context.
- Feel free to experiment with different art styles and techniques for your fan art.
- Treat brand elements such as the vault symbol with respect and do not distort them. Download the logos here. However, we encourage applying different treatments to the vault symbol, or to create a vault symbol that appears to be made of different materials. (For example: a Vault Symbol that appears to be finger painted, or a Vault Symbol made of slime might be acceptable as part of a cool original design.)
- Be sure to create designs that are appropriate for all ages.
- Celebrate our characters.
- Consider featuring references, characters, or props that only a deep fan would recognize. Create designs that you’d love to have or wear!
- Use humor. Please be sure to make jokes that are “all in fun” and not mean-spirited.
- Make sure that words are spelled correctly before you submit your design.
- Have fun creating!
- Do not create mash ups with 3rd party IP and Borderlands in your fan art.
- Do not submit unoriginal content such as: official logos used alone, existing merchandise designs, promotional marketing designs, game screenshots, plagiarized works, etc.
- Do not submit artwork that is not your own. Do not take or copy other fan artists.
- Do not submit any design that includes photographs of anyone other than yourself, unless you can provide a proper photography release.
- Do not closely copy existing designs, try to be unique and original.
- Do not incorporate too much “splatter” elements in your fan art.
- Do not submit works that are vulgar, hyper violent, obscene, racist, hateful defamatory, political, or otherwise divisive or inappropriate. Avoid in-game content (quotes, etc.) that could be interpreted as having an offensive meaning without context. Works that are deemed as offensive will not be approved and will be taken down.
- Do not depict graphic violence, gore, or blood.
- Do not submit designs with cursing.
- Do not title or tag work with obscene or inappropriate words. They will not be approved.
- Do not submit designs if you are an employee of or contracted artist for Gearbox or are otherwise engaged in official work related to the Borderlands franchise.
Borderlands began in 2009 with four Vault Hunters following a legend and a mysterious guide towards an unexplored Vault. The repercussions of what they found soon launched many others on similar quests--and launched the ‘shooter-looter’ genre onto the gaming world. With its uniquely crafted weapons system featuring bazillions of guns, huge cast of varied and dimensional characters, and distinct hand-inked art style, the Borderlands franchise continues to build upon the formula of loot, co-op, humor, and heart with the subsequent installments of the series, including the highly anticipated Borderlands 3 which is set to explore new planets with the newest set of Vault Hunters and returning fan-favorites.
© 2019 IPerion LLC. All Rights Reserved.