Important: By submitting or including your design in the Fan Art Program, you acknowledge and agree to the Ol' Dirty Bastard Terms and Conditions.
Submitting Your Design
Tag your work with: ODB
Applies to all fan art submissions in the Fan Art Program
While your work will include a brand's Intellectual Property(a company's logo or a character from a TV show), it's important to add something original of your own. Make it unique to your style!
Do your research - make sure your design hasn't already been done.
Don't submit screenshots or imagery taken directly from the property in question.
Be mindful of explicit content.
Some brands might be okay with adult content, but others aren't. Check each brand's guidelines for the Partner Program if you want to know more about what each partner thinks is okay.
Play with different styles and mediums! Get inspiration from the brand - watch, read, or play it again.
Specific to Ol' Dirty Bastard
- Preserve and celebrate the legacy of legendary rapper Ol’ Dirty Bastard through your fan art.
- Thoughtfully incorporate the ODB logo into your fan art design if possible.
- Do feel free use the following approved quotes in your design:
- Ol’ Dirty Bastard Forever
- ODB Forever
- Word is Bond
- ODB is for the children
- Ol’ Dirty Bastard is for the children
- Illustrate and draw ODB in your own unique style and medium!
- Feel free to utilize and create with these approved photographs in your design.
- Reference this color palette as a starting point for inspiration in your fan art.
- Do follow the design suggestions below:
- Keep the art fun, light, and party vibe
- Use East Coast graffiti styles based on 1990s subway graffiti in New York
- Feature ODB’s iconic braids
- Keep with the positive images of OBD between the times of the first two albums of 36 Chambers: the Dirty Version and N***a Please
- Do not create mashups with 3rd party IP and Ol’ Dirty Bastard (ODB) in your fan art.
- Do not submit unoriginal content. This is including, but not limited to:
- logos used alone
- existing merchandise designs
- plagiarized works
- provided ODB assets without any creative edits or alterations
- Do not submit works that are obscene, racist, hateful, violent, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate, including swearing. Works that are deemed inappropriate will not be approved and taken down.
- Do not use or reference the following:
- use of Wu-Tang or W
- obvious black and yellow reflecting Wu-Tang
- prison or mug shot photos
- use of Russell Jones
- gangster references
- West Coast Gangster fonts, e.g. Old English
- photos or depictions of ODB later in life (circa 2005)