Submitting Your Design
Tag your work with: colorforms
Applies to all fan art submissions in the Fan Art Program
While your work will include a brand's Intellectual Property(a company's logo or a character from a TV show), it's important to add something original of your own. Make it unique to your style!
Do your research - make sure your design hasn't already been done.
Don't submit screenshots or imagery taken directly from the property in question.
Be mindful of explicit content.
Some brands might be okay with adult content, but others aren't. Check each brand's guidelines for the Partner Program if you want to know more about what each partner thinks is okay.
Play with different styles and mediums! Get inspiration from the brand - watch, read, or play it again.
Please Note: It make take some time to review your fan art. Thank you for your patience!
Specific to Colorforms®
- Experiment with different art styles and techniques for your fan art! You're welcome to incorporate these official Colorforms® assets into your fan art designs.
- Feel free to reference or be inspired by the following things from the Colorforms® universe:
- Colorforms® brand colors (see "Brand Colors" on page 18 of the Style Guide)
- using primary and secondary shapes (see "Designing Guidelines" on page 23 of the Style Guide)
- Feel free to include or reference some of your favorite quotes! We recommend the following:
- "Sticks like Magic™"
- "It's more fun to play the Colorforms® way"
- Including the Colorforms® logo is required on all designs submitted for consideration, as well as the following legal line: "© [YEAR] Colorforms Brand LLC. All Rights Reserved."
- Please ensure the logo is visible against the chosen background color -- on dark backgrounds use the light-colored logo, and on light backgrounds use the dark-colored logo.
- Remember to also ensure the legal line is visible against the background color by choosing a text color accordingly.
- Whenever the word 'Colorforms®' is used, please capitalize the word and include the registration mark at the end.
- Make sure your design is appropriate for its intended age demographic.
- Have fun creating designs!
- Do not submit unoriginal content. This is including, but not limited to, the following:
- third-party intellectual property
- show logos alone
- existing merchandise designs
- plagiarized works
- Do not submit works that are obscene, racist, hateful, violent, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate. Works that are deemed inappropriate will not be approved and will be taken down.
- Do not warp, stretch, or distort the general proportions of the logo or change the colors of the logos in any way.
The Colorforms Brand, founded in 1951, is celebrating 70 years of imagination, open-ended play, and the magic of stick and re-stick! Named one of the Top 100 Toys of All Time by TIME Magazine in 2011, Colorforms continues to offer unique tactile products and experiences that activate creative thinking, self-expression, and experimentation through story-based play. Play the Colorforms way by turning simple shapes into creative characters, environments, designs, and beautiful shape-based patterns!