Submitting Your Design
Tag your work with: super why
Applies to all fan art submissions in the Fan Art Program
While your work will include a brand's Intellectual Property(a company's logo or a character from a TV show), it's important to add something original of your own. Make it unique to your style!
Do your research - make sure your design hasn't already been done.
Don't submit screenshots or imagery taken directly from the property in question.
Be mindful of explicit content.
Some brands might be okay with adult content, but others aren't. Check each brand's guidelines for the Partner Program if you want to know more about what each partner thinks is okay.
Play with different styles and mediums! Get inspiration from the brand - watch, read, or play it again.
Please Note: It make take some time to review your fan art. Thank you for your patience!
Specific to Super WHY!
- Feel free to experiment with different art styles and techniques for your fan art submissions! Incorporate these official Super WHY! assets into your fan art.
- Feel free to reference the style guide's graphic backgrounds for placing characters.
- Please do reference group poses for character sizing.
- Include or reference some of your favorite quotes! We recommend:
- "Calling all Super Readers!" (Super Why)
- "Wonderrific, You Are Terrific" (Wonder Red)
- "Spectacular Spelling!" (Princess Presto)
- "Lickety Letters!" (Alpha Pig)
- "Woof-de-doo!" (Woofster)
- Please include the Super WHY! logo and the following legal line for your fan art submissions: “© Out of the Blue Enterprises, LLC. d/b/a 9 Story USA. All rights reserved.”
- Make sure all words are legible for early readers. Avoid characters touching the words in your designs.
- Remember that while the main character's name is "Super Why", the show's name is "Super WHY!"(with the exclamation point included).
- Make sure your designs are appropriate for all ages.
- Have fun creating!
- Do not change the color palette of the assets provided to you.
- Do not mix show artwork and vector artwork in the same design.
- Do not submit unoriginal content. This is including, but not limited to, the following:
- third-party intellectual property
- show logos alone
- existing merchandise designs
- plagiarized works
- Do not submit works that are obscene, racist, hateful, violent, defamatory, otherwise inappropriate, or include swearing. Works that are deemed inappropriate will not be approved and will be taken down.
- Do not warp, stretch, or distort the general proportions of the logo or change the color of the logo in any way.
- When using a group of characters, please use a group of 2 or 4. Do not exclude only one of the Super Readers!
- Do not flip or alter the characters. Please use them as they have been provided.
About Super WHY!
Welcome to Super WHY! A breakthrough preschool series designed to help kids ages 3 to 6 with the critical skills that they need to learn to read (and love to read!). Super WHY! makes reading an empowering adventure by using interactive literacy games that need YOU to play. In Super WHY!, Reading Is Power!
Since premiering on PBS in September 2007, Super WHY! has generations of Super Readers and remains among the top-viewed preschool shows on Amazon Prime.